Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 26 July 2012

The Start of Something Beautiful

Well the last two days have been filled with determination and creativity and at last!.... I'm finally finished at midnight lol

You see, my daughter told me that she was in a School play THIS saturday (it was Tuesday when she told me) and gave me a note advising me that her costume would need to be a poncho and sombrero (not sure if I got the spelling right on that one lol)! OMG!!!! HEART ATTACK!!! Not alot of time! I can sew the basics but I had never tackled a ..... Poncho.

So off I went on a mission! There was many laughs and many words used that I can not publically put on here, but I have not only made her poncho..... but I made a dress to match it so after her play she can take off the costume and still look fab!

                                                Here is her poncho! All tasled and bowed up!



And her little dress!

However I must say that the dress was really easy to make. I would of thought the poncho would of been the easy one but OMG was it more complicated then i planned.

Not only have I successfull achieved seeing myself go up a knotch in my daughters eye (knocked hubby down a peg or two *snicker*snicker*) lol but the dress cost me $7 to make and the poncho would of cost me $8 but the tasles brought the poncho price up to $52. (I still have no idea why those trims were $44!)

So, my dear followers, today has been a good and fabulouse day and I hope this encourages others to get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment